CLAYTON —Two people suffered burns during an early morning house fire in Clayton.

The fire in the 300 block of Addison Street was reported at 4:47 a.m Thursday. When firefighters arrived, heavy fire was  visible from the front and left sides of the house, authorities said.

Crews commanded by Chief C.J. Langley of the Clayton Fire Department were able to place the fire under control quickly. Clayton firefighters were assisted by Franklinville, Star Cross, Glassboro and Mantua companies. Gloucester County EMS and Inspira paramedics were also on scene.

The two burn victims were transported to Crozer Chester Hospital Burn Center in Upland, Pa.

The fire is under investigation by the Gloucester County Fire Marshal.