PITMAN — A Pitman man suffered burns and smoke inhalation during an early morning house fire in the 800 block of Long Avenue Wednesday.

Firefighters were dispatched at 12:52 a.m. When crews arrived, they found a one-and-a-half-story, single-family house with active fire inside, authorities said. They helped occupant out of the property and he was transported to Cooper University Hospital, said authorities.

Crews attacked the flames with several hose lines.

The house is uninhabitable, said authorities.

Pitman firefighters were assisted by Mantua and Grenlock companies and Gloucester County EMS.

The fire is being investigated by the Pitman Bureau of Fire Safety and the Gloucester County Fire Marshal’s Office.